2. Prime yourself for motivation
Next, prime yourself for motivation. When you wake up early on Monday morning, prepare yourself for a great start.
Here are some of the things you can do to get yourself motivated:
Create your own personal positive mantras that will make you feel motivated and repeat them in the morning. Affirmations are powerful, but you don’t want to do it for the sake of doing it. Feel them too.
As you repeat your affirmations, whether out loud or in your mind, make sure you feel the power and energy flowing in you too.
Here are some of the inspirational affirmations that I love a lot:
- “My life is now filled with prosperity and abundance.”
- “I’m a money magnet and money is flowing to me from both expected and unexpected sources.”
- “Today I’m filled with positive energy and great things are coming to me.”
- “I’m destined for big success. I can achieve whatever I set my mind to.”
Listen to motivational music
Music can alter your mood and change your state. When you listen to slow music, you slow down your pace and feel more at ease. At the same time, if you listen to uplifting music, you will feel inspired and you want to move your body along.
You don’t have to listen to inspirational music every day, but you can do so just for Monday. Plus, it is a great way to kick start a strong week.
Read inspirational quotes
Yes, reading inspirational quotes can make you feel motivated too. Every time when I created inspirational images for my Pinterest account, I feel driven myself.
Just like positive affirmations, you can read the quotes out loud or in your head. Repeat the quotes and feel the energy in you. Here are some of my favorite examples:
- Don’t downgrade your dream just to fit your reality, upgrade your conviction to match your destiny.
- You attract what you are, not what you want. If you want great, then be great.
- Don’t be afraid to give up the good and go for great.
- Discipline is doing what needs to be done, even if you don’t want to.
- Don’t fear failure. Fear being in the exact same place next year as you are today.
You can also make it more effective by reading quotes from successful people who you idolized. Here are some motivational quotes from extraordinary people:
“If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.”
– Jim Rohn
“All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.”
– Walt Disney
“It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop.”
“You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.”
– Michael Jordan
“You may only succeed if you desire succeeding; you may only fail if you do not mind failing.”
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
– Mark Twain
Envision the success you want
Another great way to prime yourself for motivation in the morning is to visualize the success you want. Visualization is a very powerful method that anyone can use to build up their motivation and boost their mood.
What you need to do is to take a few minutes to envision and see yourself living the successful life you want. You can picture yourself going through the hard work and are enjoying the success you deserve.
You can also use a vision board to help you envision better.