We encourage you to dress comfortably and casually. Clothing should not be overly revealing, and shoes should be comfortable for walks or outings. You will not need to pack for all 30-60 days of treatment, as there are washers and dryers available for regular use.
- Jeans and Full-Length Shorts
- Blouses and T-Shirts
- Running Shoes
- Sportswear for Recreational or Fitness Activities
- Pyjamas, Robe and Slippers
Clothing which can be layered is helpful to be comfortable seasonally appropriate and outdoor activity clothes. We encourage you to come prepared with several seasonal clothing options (i.e. umbrella and raincoat, lightweight jacket, sweater, heavier jacket for winter months, sunglasses, hats, etc.)
Prior to admission, please advise the Admissions Staff of all current prescription and non-prescription medications you are taking. Please include the name, dosage and frequency of each medication, as well as the name of the prescribing physician.
All prescriptions must be current, your name must be on the prescription label, and there should be no more than the prescribed amount of pills in the bottle. Please bring at least one week of prescription medications with you. A nurse will review all medications with you after admission. If you have a prescription card through your insurance company, bring it with you. Prescriptions are filled at the local pharmacy and kept in the medication room.
For the safety and confidentiality of other participants, please do not bring the following items:
- Disposable or safety razors
- Electronic Devices (Cell Phones, Computers, TVs, Tablety devices, DVD Players)
- Fashion, Tabloid or Diet Magazines
- Weapons and Firearms
- Expensive Jewellery of other Valuables
- Clothing that Depicts Alcohol, Drugs, Sex or Violence
- Products Containing Alcohol (mouthwash, hairspray, breath spray, astringent, etc.)
- Acetone-Based Products or Aerosol-Spray Products
- No hair dye
- Vaping devices or chewing tobacco
- Candles or incense
- Energy drinks
- Alcohol or Illegal Drugs
Certain items are permitted to be brought to treatment, however, the participant will have restricted access. The items will be held with the nursing station and made available upon reasonable request.
- Nail clippers
- Nail polish remover
- Protein powder of workout supplements